Women Prime Ministers and Presidents 20th Century
Former Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Guterres leads the race to become the next United Nations Secretary-General after a fifth U.N. Security Council secret ballot on Monday, diplomats said.... The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today met with the Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa, to reaffirm the strong ties between Canada and Portugal, and to discuss the benefits of progressive trade and how the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is helping create good, middle class jobs and new opportunities for people on
President and Prime Minister of Portugal Visit Providence
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the death of former Portuguese Prime Minister and President Mario Soares: “It is with great sadness that I learned of the death of former Portuguese Prime Minister and President Mario Soares.... Jose Socrates, Portugal’s former Socialist prime minister, has been charged in a wide-ranging corruption case that prosecutors allege involves former senior figures from the banking and
On Portugal A Conversation with H. E. AntÃ³nio Costa
Prime Minister Barroso resigned in July 2004 to become president of the European Commission. Pedro Santana Lopes, the new leader of the Social Democrats, succeeded him as prime minister. In Feb. 2005 elections, the Socialist Party won 45% of the vote, and Jose Socrates became prime minister. how to change profile picture on xbox one Portugal President Anibal Cavaco Silva has appointed Goa-origin Antonio Costa as the new prime minister after the government formed following the October 4 election lasted barely 11 days – the
Former Portuguese PM Jose SÃ³crates charged with corruption
But the Portuguese prime minister is determined to change the idea that Portugal is not a country welcoming refugees. With the help of the European Union, Portugal is increasing refugee quotas, and welcoming unprecedented numbers. These 10 facts about Portugal refugees show the newfound commitment of the Portuguese to refugees. how to cook yellowtail in the oven Former prime minister of Portugal poised to become U.N. secretary general By Carol Morello — October 5, 2016 The Washington Post. The United Nations Security Council on Wednesday endorsed Portugal’s Antonio Guterres, a former prime minister and former head of the U.N. refugee agency, to be the world body’s next secretary general.
How long can it take?
Portugal's Guterres leads race for U.N. chief after fifth
- Prime Minister's Office Government.se
- East Timor The New Nation - Northern Illinois University
- Former prime minister of Portugal poised to become U.N
- Prime Minister of Portugal Wikidata
How To Become The Prime Minister Of Portugal
Mr Guterres, who was prime minister of Portugal from 1995 to 2002 and served as United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees from June 2005 to December 2015, also won the first two rounds of
- ANTONIO COSTA, leader of Portugal’s Socialist Party (PS), may soon be able to tell the curious story of how to lose a vote and yet still become prime minister.
- Carmona was at first the foreign minister of Portugal, but during 1928 became president of Portugal. It was Carmona who hired Salazar as the Finance Minister of Portugal. Salazar was a very efficient Finance minister. He had a very tight grip on the finances and economy of Portugal. Soon after becoming finance minister, Salazar started overshadowing Carmona. Salazar convinced Carmona …
- President Anibal Cavaco Silva and Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho of Portugal. Anibal Cavaco Silva was born in Boliqueime, Portugal, in 1939. Anibal Cavaco Silva is the current President of Portugal. Anibal Cavaco Silva studied at the Technical University of Lisbon and at the University of York. Before becoming president he served as the
- Prime Minister Barroso resigned in July 2004 to become president of the European Commission. Pedro Santana Lopes, the new leader of the Social Democrats, succeeded him as prime minister. In Feb. 2005 elections, the Socialist Party won 45% of the vote, and Jose Socrates became prime minister.