Raid 1 mirroring Question [H]ard|Forum
Converting RAID1 to RAID5 with no data loss When you record and download lots of TV, movies, music, etc. it can chew up the disk space pretty quickly. If you don't keep on top of your DVD burning you will end up running out of disk space, like me.... If you want to get rid of the RAID layer altogether, it would involve mdadm --examine /dev/diskx1 (to find out the data offset), mdadm --zero-superblock (to get rid of the RAID metadata), and parted to move the partition by the data offset so it points to the filesystem, and then update bootloader and system configs to reflect the absence of RAID...
Breaking Intel RAID what happens to your data? Tim
26/02/2008 · Without knowing what you have I can only give generic help, but here goes. 1. If the drives can be seen from outside the case (i.e. you don't have to open up the box to get at them) they will have status lights on them.... Re: Delete an Array without data loss I second what Jimmy says, I have deleted RAID 1 sets and then rebuilt them with the same drives (to do a slick and clean reload) and have at times, seen the data …
How do I migrate to a RAID10 array without losing data
This post compares Basic Disk and Dynamic Disk and shows how to convert basic disk to dynamic disk and dynamic disk to basic disk, using Disk Management and CMD / diskpart, without losing the data how to close dell laptop 23/06/2006 · Is there any options is disk utility to break the raid, what you really want to do is say that one of the partitions has failed and therefore only use partition 1.... i.e. the reason for having raid zero.
Is it possible to recreate a raid 1+0 array without losing
15/09/2010 · 8) Boot into Windows and use MediaShield to Migrate/Convert the RAID-0 boot drive to a RAID-1 mirror, which will pick up the spare drive and create the mirror. It appears that in Step 6, the very latest NVRaid BIOS Utility does not allow assigning a drive with data to a new array without clearing its data - [b]bloody stupid[/b] IMO. how to break in lebron 15s 29/09/2012 · Is there a safe method to convert the existing raid 1 array back to two separate disks and use one of them as my data drive without losing the data already on it? No, undo the raid then you lose it. Your best be it to buy another hdd and copy the raid hdd's data to it and then undo the raid and keep them as single hdd's.
How long can it take?
Breaking a Raid 1 mirror? D-Link
- How to downgrade from RAID 1 to single disc? QNAP NAS
- Raid 1 broken after Windows 10 install Microsoft Community
- Removing RAID on a DELL power-edge server Server Fault
- is it possible to convert a raid 0 to raid 1 without
How To Break Raid 1 Mirror Without Losing Data
19/02/2013 · I have 2 older raptors in a raid1 configuration. About 6 months ago I started having problems with 1, kept needing to be rebuilt and eventually now it
- 14/12/2018 · Deleting a RAID 1 volume or resetting the hard drive members of a RAID 1 volume to non-RAID should not result in data loss on either of the hard drives - unless the RAID 1 volume is the second volume in a matrix RAID configuration.
- 16/02/2006 · Indeed. But if it lets you break the mirror without losing the data, you can still boot off of one disk.. The question is if it will also build a mirror from a drive without losing the data..
- 19/02/2013 · I have 2 older raptors in a raid1 configuration. About 6 months ago I started having problems with 1, kept needing to be rebuilt and eventually now it
- You should be able to delete a RAID 1 mirror without losing data if the RAID 1 volume is the only volume on the array or the first volume in a matrix RAID configuration. Note Data loss can occur if the RAID 1 volume is the second volume in a matrix RAID configuration.