I might be out enjoying the beauty of Oregon right now, but I didn’t forget about you, I promise! Incase your week hasn’t been as amazing as mine, I wanted to share this delicious salad with you. It might not compare to the beauty of the Northwest, but it tastes pretty delicious for being so healthy.
These salads are a fun way to serve guests since they feature a Stuffed Tomato in the middle. It looks different than other salads and is even something that can be served alone without the Spinach. I like to use Mozzarella in mine, but if you want to make yours vegan, substitute it for Cucumber.
And if all this hasn’t perked your day up a bit, there’s Avocado in the stuffing. Need I say more…
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado, cut in ½-inch squares
- 4-ounces of fresh Mozzarella Cheese, well drained and cut into ½-inch squares
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Basil, torn
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 4 Handfuls of Baby Spinach
- Cut the tops of each of the tomatoes and using a spoon remove and reserve the inside pulp. Set the Tomatoes aside. Clean out any seeds from the pulp and cut them into squares.
- Toss the squared pulp into a bowl with the Avocado, Cheese, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Mustard, and Salt and Pepper to taste, mixing everything until well combined. Scoop the mixture into the hollowed out Tomatoes to fill them. Set aside.
- Fill 4 bowls with a handful of the Spinach each and place a Stuffed Tomato on top. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.